12 months of happiness

12 Months of Happiness ~ 12 for 12

Hi there and welcome to a new series on The Myrabev Life, though this series is new on this site it is a monthly occurrence on simply sinova and you can check out her posts HERE. After spending the last few months reading her 12 months of happiness series, I decided that I too would start this series next year but then I thought there is nothing better than doing it in the present for I am not guaranteed the future.

12 months of happiness

There are so many things that I am thankful for so many things that it would take a while to explain it all, but since this is my first post I will share some major things for 2015 and then from January 2016 I will be sharing what made me happy in the previous month.

12 months of happiness

1. January 2015 – I applied for British Citizenship, this made me happy because I had been wanting to do it for the last 5 years but money was always an issue for me. The fact that I have a job and was able to afford this made me happy. I was also happy to work with George Asda (Wal-Mart) on the biggest budget (for me as a blogger) ever.
  2. February 2015 – My citizenship got accepted, I attended the mandatory ceremony and applied for my passport. This month I also managed to save up some dosh to renting an apartment.
  3. March 2015 – I got my passport and my offer for an renting an apartment was accepted, you have no idea what this meant to me. I had been wanting to have my own place for the longest time but again because of my finances I wasn’t able to do this. Getting my passport was like someone telling me I was free to roam the Earth and I am putting a dent in it.
  4. April 2015 – Biggest decision was made in this month, I visited my friend in Seoul South Korea for the first time ever. It was amazing I am still dreaming about it months on. My obsession with everything korean does not seem to be going anywhere any time soon.
  5. May 2015 – I was still in Korea for the first week and half, I had so much fun. This month I also moved into my apartment. I was totally broke but I loved every minute of May, I travelled and I got my own apartment. weekend in brussels
  6. June 2015 – I surprised myself more than any other time, one day I just got up and booked a weekend getaway to Brussels, Belgium alone. I was pretty scared but also very excited and happy to have the opportunity to travel spontaneously.
  7. July 2015 – I celebrated my 28th Birthday and took another spontaneous holiday but this time we drove across Europe, which was fun for me but not the driver. 🙂 Family
  8. August 2015 – My little sister celebrated her 23rd Birthday (I know she ain’t little but I can get passed it). My parents and I went on a weekend getaway to Aberystwyth, Wales and I flew to Seoul Korea.
  9. September 2015 – I spent the first week in Seoul and I managed to explore the city alone whilst my host was working. Second week I was in Japan for a day then came back home. Though I was not able to attend my mother celebrated her 51st birthday.
  10. October 2015 – We celebrated my dad’s 51st birthday, Zambia turned 51 and I visited the USA for the first time. I managed to sneak in a trip to NYC whilst there for a business trip. leon
  11. November 2015 – I can not seriously believe this month is already over, I did not do any travelling apart from seeing my family and friends in Cambridge, attending a funeral, doing my hair and surviving one week of audits at work. It did not help that I spent majority of the final week in bed (or shall I say loo) with stomach bug. My happiness from this month was I survived it. Plus my one and only nephew turned 3 🙂 <3
  12. December 2015 – This month obviously is now underway and already there are so many things to be thankful for. I will not share anything that will be happening in the rest of the month but I am just overall grateful for all the opportunities that blogging has brought to my life and I am forever grateful

That’s my 12 months of happiness lot, as you can see I have spent most of my year travelling and I hope to continue this in 2016. I have not listed small things that have happened and made me extremely happy but that’s fine for now.

How has the last 12 months been for you?

xoxo ciao

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

43 Comments

• Reply Zoe IKIWN

It looks like you have had such a lovely year, here’s hoping that 2016 brings you much much more too! x

December 29, 2015 at 9:41 pm
    • Reply Myrabev

Thank you Zoe, I did have an amazing year indeed. Wishing you too a wonderful 2016

December 29, 2015 at 11:12 pm
  • Reply hannah

Looks like you have had a busy year. Happy new year x

December 29, 2015 at 9:22 pm
    • Reply Myrabev

I did thank you, happy new year to you too

December 29, 2015 at 11:13 pm
  • Reply Chantal

Sounds like you have made some incredible memories this year! I love that you focus on all the positives memories you have!

December 8, 2015 at 2:17 am
    • Reply Myrabev

Thank you Chantal, I think that is the best way to go about it. I do not like to focus on the bad, I appreciate they happen but there are always more positives than bad 🙂
      Myrabev recently posted…Travels Thus 2My Profile

December 27, 2015 at 10:33 am
  • Reply Rosey

It’s okay to call her little My BIL still calls my son ‘Little C’ and he’s a lot bigger than his dad (Big C) now, by far. 😉

December 7, 2015 at 10:28 pm
  • Reply Wildish Jess

Sounds like you’ve had a great year so far! Hopefully this last month is just icing on the cake for you!

December 6, 2015 at 10:12 pm
  • Reply aaronica (the crunchy mommy)

i love you did this. you have had a really amazing year and having it written down like this is really great! maybe i’ll do this too!
    aaronica (the crunchy mommy) recently posted…Fitness Junkie Gift ListMy Profile

December 6, 2015 at 9:15 pm
  • Reply LaShawn

Sounds like you had a wonderful year! SO much travel! Hopefully next year is just as epic!
    LaShawn recently posted…The Fab Five ULTIMATE Christmas Wish List!My Profile

December 6, 2015 at 9:11 pm
  • Reply Angelic Sinova

Sounds like you had a really incredible year! Here’s hoping for an even better 2016 <3
    Angelic Sinova recently posted…Fun (Free) Holiday Events in Chicago: ZooLights at Lincoln Park ZooMy Profile

December 6, 2015 at 3:29 am
  • Reply Briton

What a great year! It sounds like it was full of friends and family and love!
    Briton recently posted…Gift Guide: Toys Part IIMy Profile

December 6, 2015 at 1:52 am
  • Reply Michelle Murray

what a great post. Love that you drove through Europe. I would like to do that as I an imagine the sights are amazing

December 5, 2015 at 6:21 pm
  • Reply Miles L.

Wow! This is a great way to look back for all the wonderful things that had happened to you this year. I hope you will have great things ahead.

December 5, 2015 at 4:09 pm
  • Reply nazma

what an amazing year you had.wow you went to korea.Amazing ! i would love to go there
    nazma recently posted…Panasonic combination microwave and yammi foodMy Profile

December 5, 2015 at 1:24 pm
  • Reply Alex Lamb & Bear

What an amazing year you’ve had! What a great post – reflecting on each moth and writing your achievements. I should definitely do this next year. X
    Alex Lamb & Bear recently posted…Beebies Baby Club Subscription BoxMy Profile

December 5, 2015 at 7:11 am
  • Reply lisa

It sounds like you had a fantastic year! So many great things happened for you this year.
    lisa recently posted…Holiday Gifts: NFL Fan StyleMy Profile

December 5, 2015 at 4:08 am
  • Reply mary

Look at all those amazing accomplishments. What a great year. Heres to an even better 2016!

December 5, 2015 at 3:04 am
  • Reply Amanda

It is so wonderful to dedicate your posts and thoughts to happiness. We all have so incredibly much to be thankful for and should cherish them–then happiness isn’t out of reach!

December 4, 2015 at 10:18 pm
  • Reply Mistee Dawn

Sounds like you have had a very happy year! That is awesome! So happy for you!
    Mistee Dawn recently posted…3 great gift ideas on Amazon with discount codes! #2015HolidayGiftGuideMy Profile

December 4, 2015 at 6:47 pm
  • Reply Jenn @ EngineerMommy

It sounds like a wonderful way to recap the year. It’s a really great idea- I’d love to do something like this myself!
    Jenn @ EngineerMommy recently posted…5 Awesome Tips to Stay Organized Every DayMy Profile

December 4, 2015 at 4:13 pm
  • Reply Aisha Kristine Chong

December is such a wonderful month for me – there is indeed so much to be thankful for and I just know how I end the year would be such bliss and happiness all at the same time too!
    Aisha Kristine Chong recently posted…Top 3 Christmas Jewellery #Fashion Picks this 2015My Profile

December 4, 2015 at 3:56 pm
  • Reply ali

huge congrats on your citizenship, it’s so nice to look back so positively on the year, I get sick of hearing how so and so year was a bad one for someone, I’m sure there’s always been highlights!

December 4, 2015 at 3:47 pm
  • Reply Kathleen Kennedy-Leon

What a year for you!! Congratulations on all of your good news and traveling! That’s what made my year special too–lots of travel and great memories! I hope that 2016 continues to be a happy year as well!! Best wishes for happiness!!!
    Kathleen Kennedy-Leon recently posted…MyBestofBothWorlds wrote a new post, Time flies when you are livingMy Profile

December 4, 2015 at 1:07 pm
  • Reply Ellen O Keeffe

I love the idea of this post – a great way to look back at all the great things from the year. You had a great year by the look of it – lots of travelling and time with friends and family. Congratulations on your citizenship too 🙂
    Ellen O Keeffe recently posted…DeiseBloggersMy Profile

December 4, 2015 at 12:25 pm
  • Reply Erin @Yorkshiretots

What an amazing year you’ve had! Congratulations on your citizenship. I don’t have mine yet.,.. dreading the process if I’m honest!

December 4, 2015 at 7:21 am
    • Reply Myrabev

Thanks Erin, I dreaded the process too but once I completed the form and sent it off I was actually calmer than usual. Good luck for when you do yours.
      Myrabev recently posted…12 Months of Happiness ~ 12 for 12My Profile

December 4, 2015 at 9:29 am
  • Reply Candice

WOW what a great idea, I love that you have found something so wonderful to share each month. I think it’s so important we highlight those great times… otherwise they just fade into everyday. I like!!

December 4, 2015 at 5:43 am
    • Reply Myrabev

I have been blessed more than I thought possible this year and I am forever grateful. I want to appreciate everything that is happening in my life which is bringing me happiness
      Myrabev recently posted…12 Months of Happiness ~ 12 for 12My Profile

December 4, 2015 at 9:28 am
  • Reply Lizelle Cruz

I’m so happy that you were able to make all those wonderful memories this year! I wish you all the best for 2016 xx

December 4, 2015 at 4:52 am
  • Reply Emma T

Congrats on your citizenship. Sounds like you’ve had a pretty amazing year with all the travelling and other achievements.

December 3, 2015 at 11:36 pm
    • Reply Myrabev

Thank you so much Emma, I feel like I really have.

December 4, 2015 at 5:11 am
  • Reply Cathy (MummyTravels)

What a lovely year to look back on, and the first few months sound like it must have made the rest such a different year from 2014. Lots of exciting travels as well, which is one of the things to make my year happy!

December 3, 2015 at 5:41 pm
    • Reply Myrabev

2015 was 110% better and different from 2014 and I am so grateful for that. Travelling has been such a big part of my life this year I am forever grateful and thankful

December 3, 2015 at 6:08 pm
  • Reply Sarah

Wow. What an amazing year! You managed a fair bit of traveling. Driving across Europe must have been a really awesome experience. I’d also love to visit New York! Well done having such an amazing year. You have inspired me to write my yearly round up post, too 🙂 xx

December 3, 2015 at 2:44 pm
    • Reply Myrabev

Driving across Europe was epic, though I slept more than the driver. I am happy to have inspired you, I too was inspired to write this one up. 🙂

December 3, 2015 at 5:41 pm