Having clickable images on your side bar has become one of the must do things for bloggers, this is more so now if you have a series (DIY, Personal Confessions, Book Reviews & Goals Link Party) going on your blog and you want your reads to able able to find all the posts under that heading in one place. Searching the blog does help but it’s just that extra hussle that most readers don’t want and some readers are usually not sure of what they want to search for.
At the end of last year I had an opportunity to work with a company that wanted to place clickable links on my blogs and since I was not against the sites the links led to I was happy to work with them. But! I had no clue how to add clickable links to my blog luckily the company did and sent me the instructions and ever since I feel like a pro when adding clickable links to my blog. The idea is so simple that even a new blogger can do it because honestly I didn’t even break a sweat.
1. log into your blogger dashboard and go to layout, dependant on the layout of your blog and widget areas click add widget to the area you want to add the clickable link.
2. Once the widget opens, scroll down to find ‘Link List‘. Click on the name or the plus (+) sign and it opens up the widget.
3. You can add as many links as you want, choose how many to show, sort out the order of display and click save.
**This is usually used when you want to share with your readers links to other websites, links to your favourite bloggers**
1. log into your blogger dashboard and go to layout, dependant on the layout of your blog and widget areas click add widget to the area you want to add the clickable picture.
2. Once the widget opens, scroll down to find ‘image‘. Click on the name or the plus (+) sign and it opens up the widget.
3. Add the title of the image, choose from your files the image you want to add, click on shrink (unless image is small already) and click save.
The links you add could be anything you want but if you want to have certain posts appear under a certain image like I have for my book reviews you could go into the post and click on the label for that post then use that link or if you have a labels widget already on the blog you could also click on the required link and this gives you a link you can use.
As you can see adding clickable links and pictures to your sidebar is as easy as pie.